Hello ACE Students, Parents & Staff,
Here are a few things that could be helpful:
- Terry Fox Run: The Terry Fox Run/Walk will be held next Wednesday, Sept 29th. Please bring in a donation, if possible. A $5 donation will get you a TShirt, while supplies last. Ask Patrick if you have any questions.
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation: The Canadian Government recently passed legislation to make September 30th a federal statutory holiday called "National Day for Truth and Reconciliation". This day provides an opportunity for all Canadians to recognize and commemorate the legacy of residential schools. This may present itself as a day of quiet reflection or participation in a community event. LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Orange Shirt Day: Show your solidarity to our Indigenous community by wearing an orange shirt on Tuesday, Sept 28th. Charlene will be doing a short presentation to the high school around 10am in regards to the significance of Orange Shirt Day!!
- My City Care Clothing Exchange: On October 15, 2021 from 11-2,FCSS is bringing My City Care Mobile Clothing Unit to Taber. They will be parked outside the main W.R. Myers doors on the grass and concrete pads. They will be there from 11-2 and are providing clothes, shoes, winter gear to anyone who may need some extra support. Hygiene packs and food hampers will also be available to those who need it. You may fill a bag or donate at this time.
- Work Experience: GET YOUR FORMS IN!! If you're working & haven't handed your work experience forms in to Heather Brantner (email@example.com) or Shannon at ACE, you need to do it now. You won't get your September hours, if you don't get those forms/hour logs in.
- CAREER CORNER: Visit the career corner for advice & resources for all your grad & post secondary questions! Can't find what you're looking for? Contact one of the counselors for a one-on-one meeting!
- ATTN HIGH SCHOOL: Do you have a "mypass" account? If you answered no to that question, then you need to TAKE ACTION!!! Follow the link to create an account. PRO-TIP: DO NOT use your school email. A "mypass" account will allow you to see all your high school achievements, from marks to credits earned. If you are struggling, let Shannon know & she will help you out!
ACE UPDATE September 27th- October 1st:
Monday, Septmeber 27th:
- Afternoon Bike Ride
Tuesday, September 28th:
- Hot Lunch: Mac N' Cheese
- Orange Shirt Day: Details above!
- Afternoon Bike Ride
Wednesday, September 29th:
- Terry Fox Run/Walk: Details above.
Thursday, September 30th:
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation | No School
Friday, October 1st: