Hello ACE Students, Parents & Staff!
As per the Government announcement on May 4th- starting on Friday, May 7th, all kindergarten to Grade 12 students will temporarily shift to at-home learning. Students will return to in-class learning on May 25. Watch the announcement & read more HERE!
What does this mean for ACE Place?
Starting May 7th:
- SCHOOL WORK: You will work on your modules at home. If you need help with your school work you may meet with your teacher or one of our fabulous EA’s via e-mail, phone, or video conferencing. If you need to write a test please call the office at 403-223-4761 to make arrangements.
- HANDING IN WORK: You may come up to Shannons desk & pick up your next module without an appointment, however, you will not be able to stay and work at the school. If you do not want to come upstairs, we have a table set up in our stairwell (just inside the second set of doors at the bottom of the stairs) where modules can be exchanged and assignment books handed in. You just need to make arrangements with your teacher or call the school (403-223-4761) ahead of time to make this exchange. We will put your next module at the base of our stairs for you to pick up.
- WRITING TESTS: You will be able to write your exams at the school by making an appointment. Alternative arrangements can be made (ie- online exams) if your teacher agrees to that possibility. You will need to make exam arrangements with your teacher.
- DIPLOMA EXAMS: Diploma exams are optional for the 2020-2021 school year. If you want to write your June diploma, you MUST let your teacher know as we will have to make arrangements to pick up the physical exam for you.
- DUE DATES: All course work & in-school tests must be completed by June 11th!
- MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS: Counselling services & mental health supports will still be available, by appointment. Call the school if you need to talk to someone! Mental Health Resource List
Even though things are changing we will do everything we can to help you succeed! Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help make this change easier for you!
UPDATED CALENDAR- check out our calendar for updates.
Please call the school anytime if you need us. 403-223-4761