To provide alternative choices in education that assist students to overcome obstacles and develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will contribute to their success, while working towards high school completion.
- Attitude Creates Excellence;
- That with the right opportunities every person can overcome obstacles and, therefore, develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will allow them to reach their potential;
- That all individuals are unique and should not be prejudged;
- That success comes in many forms, can be measured in a variety of ways, and that every person deserves opportunities to experience success;
- That students who take ownership of their education are more likely to experience success;
- That there must be a dynamic balance between academic accountability and developing a safe and caring environment where staff and students promote and maintain a relationship of mutual trust, support, acceptance, confidence, respect, patience, compassion, dignity, flexibility, and understanding thus allowing individuals to work to their fullest capacity;
- That a sense of belonging supports academic achievement;
- That additional community support services may be necessary for educational success;
- That success is best met through self-motivation.
The fundamental belief of the ACE Place Staff is that building positive relationships is the foundation for teaching and learning.
To provide self-paced alternative learning opportunities within a safe and caring environment by;
- empowering students to make positive life choices;
- encouraging personal accountability;
- promoting educational and personal success;
- promoting a sense of self-worth;
- encouraging responsible citizenship.
Statement of Values
As a staff we value students as individuals and believe that success is not solely dependent upon the curriculum.
As a staff we Value;
- Diversity: focusing on the uniqueness and strengths of each individual;
- Flexibility: providing students with individualized education and adapting to change;
- Community: utilizing necessary community resources.